- 1997 – Doctor of Science – University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- 1994 – Diploma of Computer Science, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- 1993 – Diploma of Computer Science, University "Al. I. Cuza" Iasi, Romania
She grew up in Romania where she started her undergraduate studies at the University “Al. I. Cuza”, Iasi. As a teenager, she had a chance to spend a few months in Morocco where her father had a teaching job, and attended a local Spanish school. While in college in Iasi, she also studied singing and guitar at the People’s School of Arts. In 1991 she moved to Neuchâtel Switzerland, where she first acquired a second undergraduate diploma, and then started graduate studies. As a graduate student she was also a motorcycle enthusiast, which later was an inspiration for some of her research projects.
Club Adviser of the Year Award, 2020.
Her paper “Global to Local for Path Decision using Neural Networks” was awarded Best Presentation in the session Neural Network and Machine Learning of the International Conference on Pattern Recognition And Artificial Intelligence in 2018.
Her paper “Shared Memory Genetic Algorithms in a Multi-Agent Context” was nominated for the Best Paper award in the category Parallel Evolutionary Systems at the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference in 2010.
Research interests: genetic algorithms; intelligent systems; simulation and modeling; parallel computation; information retrieval; artificial intelligence.
- IUSB Seed Grant, Teaching with Technology Grant, $549, 2015.
- IUSB UCET Distance Learning Development for the course C151 Multiuser Operating Systems, $300, 2011.
- D. Vrajitoru (2019): Trajectory optimization for car races using genetic algorithms. In Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computations Conference, Prague, July, Companion Volume, pp 85-86.
- D. Vrajitoru (2018): Global to Local for Path Decision using Neural Networks. In Proceeding of the Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence Conference (PRAI), ACM International Conference Proceedings Series, August 15-17, Union, NJ, pp. 117-123.
- D. Vrajitoru, K. Albelihi (2016): Noise and Error Prediction for Neural Networks. In Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, July 25-28, Las Vegas, NV, pp 342-348.
- D. Vrajitoru, P. Toprac (2016): Games Programming in Computer Science Education. In Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Frontiers in Education: Computer Science and Computer Engineering (FECS’16), July 25-28, Las Vegas, NV, pp 10-14.
- D. Vrajitoru (2015): A Pattern-Based Bayesian Network for the Game of Nine Men’s Morris. In Proceedings of the Foundations of Digital Games Conference, June 22-25, Pacific Grove, CA, p. 29.
- K. Albelihi, D. Vrajitoru (2015): An Application of Neural Networks to an Autonomous Car Driver. The 17th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, July 27-30, Las Vegas, pp 716-722.
- D. Vrajitoru, W. Knight (2014): Practical Analysis of Algorithms, Springer, Theoretical Computer Science Series.
- D. Vrajitoru (2013): The 2D Games Journey, Creative Space.