C243 Data Structures
Fall 2014 schedule: TR 5:00 - 6:50 pm NS 223.
Prerequisite: C201 Computer Programming II, C151 Multi-user
Operating Systems (co-requisite).
Textbook: A set of class notes for this course written by
Dr. D. Vrajitoru will be available as a PDF file on Canvas as the
main resource. Do not print this file in the Linux labs.
Data Structures and Algorithm in C++, by M. Goodrich, R. Tamassia, and
D. Mount, used as a reference.
- About 12 homework assignments 20 points each
- 2 midterm exams 50 points each
- Final exam 50 points
- Class participation up to 30 points
- Achievements up to 12 points (extra credit)
Guidelines for assignments:
- The assignments will be posted on the course web page and on
- The assignments are due at midnight of the due date.
- The programming assignments are turned in on Canvas.
- No homework accepted after 2 weeks from the due date. A homework
turned in 1 week late loses 25% of the points. A homework turned in 2
weeks late loses 50% of the points.
- The programs in this class must follow the rules described in
- Class participation items are not announced beforehand; there is
no make up for them.
- Attendance is expected.
- All the assignments are individual. Consulting with colleagues is
acceptable, but programs that are too similar can be penalized or
rejected. No credit will be given for programs obtained from external
sources unless explicitly allowed.
- See separate guideline for the achievements.
- OS: Linux, labs NS 207 and NS 209. Access based on student ID card.
- Compiler: g++. An example of Makefile.
- Editor: any text editor, emacs (recommended), gedit, pico or vi
Last updated: August 2014.
d v r a j i t o a t i u s b d o t e d u.