Center for Internship, Volunteerism and Entrepreneurship in
Computer Science (CIVECS) is a new initiative by the
computer science faculty to enhance job opportunities for
Computer Science Graduates at Indiana University South Bend.
The CIVECS proposal has three major objectives. First, it
seeks to improve and expand the scope of the
in computer science to include and promote volunteerism and
service learning. Second, it helps to address the problem of
‘Brain Drain’ which exists in the state of Indiana. Third, we
hope to increase and enhance the high-tech job opportunities in
Indiana by developing an incubator for new software engineering
startups in Indiana.
The CIVECS initiative seeks to :
1) increase our capacity to offer internship
opportunities to our students. Increasing both our traditional
as well as CIVECS internships.
2) promote entrepreneurship in Indiana
3) promote community outreach and volunteerism by our
students and faculty in computer science
4) provide technical services to Indiana’s non-profit
5) allow for more departmental and college level
6) serve as potential senior projects
7) improve technology transfer and access to faculty
8) reduce the brain-drain in Indiana